Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Away!

This past weekend was great since I got to get away from Des Moines for awhile. Not that I do not love Des Moines, but I needed a change of scenery. I went to St. LOUY (st. louis, mo) for a surprise birthday party for my sister. It was great to see my family....yeah I actually said that outloud. I flew in Friday night, my brother in law picked me up from the airport, and I surprised my sister, since she had no idea I was coming to visit. It is not everyday that you make someone else cry out of happiness, but that night my sister cried up a river.

All Saturday afternoon was a ladies afternoon with my mom, three sisters and me. We spent the whole time at a winery in MO. The afternoon was amazing because the weather was great, the wine poured endlessly, and the views were spectacular. We got to taste test delicious wines made locally served by a good looking guy nonetheless. I felt so 'posh' because we brought a picnic, listened to live music and sipped wine for a few hours. I feel like wealthy people do that, and I am NOT wealthy by any means....come on I go to Drake, they take all the money I have. It was relaxing yet fun and I would suggest a winery trip to anyone, just make sure the winery is quality.

That night we had a surprise party for my sister which was great because she suspected nothing! She is always reading people since she is a psychologist therefore she notices everything but we slipped this one by her. Again, she cried a river. She turned the young age of 30, which seems insane because I feel like all my sisters were just little kids growing up. The party just made me realize how OLD I was becoming.....BOOO! Parties in St. Louis are always great because the in-laws that I have down there work for Budweiser so kegs, expensive beer, and nostalgia are always included. I am not a huge drinker but it is still fun.

I had to fly back Sunday morning, cheapest tickets available and only time I could find a ride from the Omaha airport (flew into Omaha because Des Moines transportation, including airlines, SUCK....for another blog) back to Des Moines. There ends the awesome weekend as I had to spend the rest of Sunday working on a graduate class presentation with my group...blogging now is my break from working on my part, good excuse I thought! We need to institute 5 day weekends...

Pictures to follow. Hope your weekend went just as well if not better!

No comments: