Sunday, June 15, 2008

Remembering the Good 'Fast' Days




I used to be a running nerd....ok, so I still am. In high school I ran cross county in the fall but preferred the track and field season in the spring. We had a very intense running program at my high school which made it challenging but well worth it. I loved every minute of the sports, the teams, the challenges, the competition, the adrenaline, etc.




I would have LOVED to continue running in college but had to make dicisions according to my priorities as college athletics are very time consuming. School came first, but I will always have a place for track and field in my heart as I continue to lace up my running shoes a few times a week.



I am remembering all these memories as I got to watch some of the greatest athletes compete in the 2008 NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships. Who would have ever though little old Drake would host such an amazing event? Not I. But it was spectacular to see and I think more people now might recognize who the Drake Bulldogs are.
I chose some of my favorites pictures to represent the meet, as I used to long jump, run hurdles, run sprint relays, and pole vault.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great pictures! Loving your blog so far.
tim