Sunday, April 17, 2011

Living Green

While in DC I have been living green by necessity and by choice. I have always been environmental conscience but have taken a few more steps while living in a city that prides itself on being healthy and green.

*I take public transportation to and from work everyday during the weekdays.

*I walk or bike to most site seeing places on the weekend as well as the grocery store once a week

*I have been using eco-friendly washer/dryer while air drying as much of my clothing as possible.

*I recycle about twice as much as I throw away

*I mowed the lawn with a push blade

*I visit the farmer's market regularly to purchase my produce

It all makes me feel good. Even pharmacists can preserve the envirnoment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

now is this out of necessity or because you really care about the environment? ha, i didn't know they still made push blade lawn mowers