Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What Am I Missing?

Customer: “I’m picking up a prescription for [name].”

Pharmacist: “Okay. Just one moment.”

(I check the for the prescription and can’t find it.)

Pharmacist: “When did you order it?”

Customer: “Well, I saw the doctor on Monday.”

Pharmacist: “So you came in on Monday?”

Customer: “No, I went to the doctor’s on Monday.”

Pharmacist: “Okay, so when did you drop your prescription off?”

Customer: “What do you mean? I went to the doctor.”

Pharmacist: “And did he give you a piece of paper that said what drugs you needed?”

Customer: “Yeah.”

Pharmacist: “That’s a prescription. You need to bring it here so that we know what you need.”

Customer: “But I saw the doctor on Monday! Why didn’t he do it?”

Pharmacist: “That’s not his job.”

Customer: “So what, he’s a doctor but he’s not a pharmacist? Look, I saw him on Monday so he probably just did it then. You’re just not looking hard enough. Look for the things done on Monday!”

No comments: