Monday, February 9, 2009

Congratulations David and Maggie Porcher!

My weekend was hectic but in such a GREAT way!

As a kid weddings were just really awsome social gatherings that I loved to attend for the food, fun, and family. I have been to well over a dozen and been in about 6. I never really got the meaning of weddings and marriages until I began to understand the feelings and commitment behind them. This realization was further embedded with the wedding of two of my greatest friends this past weekend.

One of my best friends, Maggie had her wedding on Saturday to another one of my good friends, David. I was asked back in October to be apart of their wedding party and of course I was beyond honored to do so.

On Friday, I drove the 5 hours home, the northwest suburbs of Chicago, after my 9am class to make it in time or rehersal, dinner and some bonding time with the girls before the big day. We all got about 4 hours of sleep since we had to be up at 4am Saturday to get ready for the festivities but it was well worth what was to come.

The weather turned out just perfect, considering it is February. The church was so simply perfect. The truffle brown and teal color theme was elegant and the flowers were gorgeous. Everyone and everything was so beautiful that day, especially the bride. The ceremony was simple, short and so meaningful. I will remember forever the looks on Maggie and David's faces as they exchanged their vows, as they kissed and as they were announced as "David and Maggie Porcher". They were both filled with so much joy and happiness that they could have lit up a night sky. The newly married couple radiated their love the entire day as we took pictures, as the reception began and even as the festivities came to an end.

The reception was livelier than most and as much fun as anyone could ask for. I got to enjoy the time by seeing some of my best friends, reuniting with some old friends, and getting to know perfect strangers.

The best part of the day was seeing how happy Maggie and Dave were and knowing that was how happy they would be forever while together. Many times throughout the day, I wanted to cry out of sheer joy for my friends but managed to gulp down my tears since I promised Maggie I would not open the flood gates.

I felt so honored to be apart of the wedding but even more priveliged to be apart of these two people's lives. I do not think I can say it enough but I am so thrilled for the newlyweds. I cannot wait to see how they grow old together!


Congratulations Mr and Mrs David and Maggie Porcher!!

No comments: