Friday, November 14, 2008

Serves Me Right

I was not able to eat, sleep, focus or do much of anything for the last few days. The only position that was comfortable was a motionless fetal position while I every sight or smell or food made me nauseous. I was cold but could not stop sweating and my body ached all over. Yeah, I was sick with what I believed to be something of a stomach flu. I absolutely HATE being sick. When your little at least you get to stay home and have people wait on you but as you get older being sick just means feeling crappy and not being able to do what you need or want to do.

I do most everything to avoid sickness, workout, eat well, wash my hands constantly, stray away from the ill, and take my vitamins. I guess being a college student that gets minimal sleep and is close to so many other students and being a health care professional around sick people, sickness it inevitable.

I am feeling much better physical thanks to some sleep, doing better mentally thanks to my sister answering her phone at 2:30am to listen to me vent, and a lot less stressed thanks to a wonderful professor who was very understanding of mysituation.

Well I guess it serves me right, since throughout the past two months I have been urging everyone to get their flu shots and have been administering the shots yet have not gotten one myself, I was doomed to catch something sooner or later. Stay healthy and hope YOU are feeling well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always there for you!!!