Friday, November 21, 2008

Could have fooled anyone with that one!

I was giving flu shots the other day at a local pharmacy and overheard a conversation that made me laugh so hard and I nearly ended up with an accident in my pants.

A man walks into the pharmacy and requests to get a refill on his Vicodin (a pain medication whose dispensing to patient's is controlled because it can be easily abused and sold on the black market).

Pharmacist: "I am sorry sir, the doctor denied the request for refills. He said you should still have pills left from last week."
Patient: "You called the wrong doctor; he cut me off of Vicodin - call this other guy, he'll get me those refills. "

So we may look dorky in our white coats, but pharmacists are not that dumb. Good try though!

Some more funny excuses:
~I need to get my Vicodin filled early because Saturday is my birthday.
~My sister's dog died and I need my Vicodin refilled early so that I can go to the funeral.
~My house burned down and I was able to get all of my meds out except for my Oxycontin.
~I don’t care if both yours and the pharmacies records show it’s ten days early for my refill, one of you is lying.
~My truck was stolen and my Morphine was in it.
~I left the trunk open when I brought my groceries in. My vicodin was in one of the bags and someone stole that bag out of my trunk. No, I don’t need any of my other meds, they were in a different bag.

~I opened my Opana bottle in the driveway, dropped it and the pills spilled everywhere. It was raining, and they melted, so I guess I need a new prescription.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some very good reasons for refills