Thursday, August 14, 2008

Am You Being Taken Advantage of?

Do the following situations sound familiar? These themes I constantly encounter these themes and used to let happen. However through school and work I have learned how easy it is for people to take advantage of someone else's good intentions. I work hard so that I can help people and myself and not so others can claim that work for themselves or unload their work onto me. I am working on becoming my own self advocate in order to make life a little more fair for me.

*People know you have a good heart and will use that to their advantage by guilting you into everything.
*One little favor turns into 1 favor + 15 other requests.
*Other people's responsibilities become your responsibilities
*You are a good listener with a comfy shoulder to cry on, but when it comes your problems...is anyone out there?
*Strangers become your best friend when they find out you have resources they can use for themselves
*You are known to work hard and get things done so group projects turn into "you" projects because "you can do them better"
*People assume that you do not mind extra work because you always work extra hard.
*Your work has been taken advantage of before so why would that change now?
*No one else will do it, but it has to be done for the good of the team/group, so it becomes your responsibility.

1 comment:

Maria C said...

Dorothy it's Maria, how did you get all this cool stuff on your blog...I want cool stuff on my blog!

Maria C