Saturday, January 23, 2010

Start the semester off on the wet foot!

When I got back to my apartment after being away for three weeks I was happy that the heat was working and that I was finally done with my five hour car ride. As I get into my bedroom to ambitiously unpack, I see some brown spots on my wall and ceiling. Yes, water spots. Then I look down at my bed and see that the top blanket has some dry water spots on it with some wetness in the middle. I hope that only the top blanket is wet. Of course as I peel back to the next blanket, it too is wet but even more so. Then I remove all the covers and see a nice puddle in the middle of my sheets soaked through to the mattress. What a lovely surprise for my welcome back to school gift!

The second day of classes was cancelled! Not because of a snow day, but because of an ICE day. The entire town from cars, to streets, to buildings were covered in a sheet of ice at least a quarter to one half inch thick. It took people a good half hour to chip away the ice off their cars and walking anywhere was a health hazard as slipping a sure thing. Too bad you I did not have a loosh to go sleeding on the ice!

No comments: